Saturday, January 28, 2006

Not to get all literary on your ass, but...

I don't know why, but lately I have become facinated with the idea of collecting my favorite books in hardcover. I have hundreds of paperbacks lying around, but for some reason I want a bit more permanence. So when I came across an article in Vanity Fair about the revival of Everyman's Library I was intrigued. This imprint produces high quality (" Each volume is printed on acid-free, cream-wove paper with full-cloth sewn bindings, gold stamping, and silk ribbon markers") books for a few bucks more than the paperback version. Older editions are traded and collected. Their catalogue contains over 1000 books. If I get serious about this and collect a few title's, maybe I can even pass them down to the kids when the time comes. (I can hear them now- "Great. Dad left me his books. The house would have been a nice gesture, but I got books.")

1 Comments:

Blogger Ricky Gomez said...

I once heard someone say that buying a book is like buying time in the future.

There is so much to read and so little time.

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home