Monday, December 27, 2004

Current internet addiction

I have found a great way to waste some of the precious moments of your life-
http://atdelphi.com/index.php

What makes it so unusual, is that it is a free site (for now) where you can win actual cash value prizes.

From the wbsites FAQ:
@Delphi works in 2 week contests where participants are asked to submit predictions on a wide variety of topics including, but not limited to, sports, current events, politics and entertainment. Predictions are submitted and graded in numerous formats. Users might be asked for the final score in a college basketball game, or for a short answer on what they think will happen in the Middle East next week. Players are limited in the amount of predictions they can make. Each week users are asked to focus their predictions in their area of expertise. Users are able to allot 25 restricted (weekly) predictions on about 50 available questions. There will also be several daily predictions always available; players that have spent their weekly predictions still have a reason to check @Delphi, everyday. Weekly predictions are generally worth more than daily predictions. Contests are decided by point totals. Updated rankings are available on the leader board, and users can check their progress through the "my account" section of the website. The top ten users each competition earn prizes.

I visit this site every day to make predictions, check the leaderboard, etc. I've won 80 bucks in Amazon gift certifs. I figure I'm making about .03 cents per hour on this site, which is much more productive than anything else I do on the net. Like blogging...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I was hoping for a hello kitty blog, but I guess this will have to do. Donny

7:24 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Oh, I'm planning on lots of Hello Kitty content. Be sure to check back!

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home